HOW TO GET STUDENT DISCOUNT IN MICROSOFT OFFICE
Microsoft Office is basically a group of client software, server software, and services developed by Microsoft. Many versions of Microsoft Offices have been released, and it has been done keeping in view the suitability of the user. Accessibility of Microsoft Office to students at a discount is one of its numerous insights into users’ suitability.
The Microsoft Store runs a series of student-exclusive discounts that rotate throughout the year, so it’s worth checking the offers regularly. Expect to see savings on desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and accessories. That’s not all because Microsoft also offers some of its most popular software, including Office 365, for free to students, making this one of the most generous student discounts available.
Whether you want to save big on a laptop or a tablet or just fancy getting access to some essential software for free, here’s how to get a Microsoft student discount.
The Microsoft student discount typically provides up to 10% savings on hardware like desktop computers, laptops, and tablets. It also grants free access to some software, like Office 365.
if you want to know and act on the discount made available to students by Microsoft Office, then you should read on.
FEATURES OF MICROSOFT OFFICE STUDENTS DISCOUNT
Microsoft Office is a great platform for learning online. The software you purchase is long-lasting and is totally worth the price it’s bought at. Microsoft Office comes with many features to help students choose the best for them. Almost everyone uses or has used any application of Microsoft Office in their life. Here are some of the features which are also the reasons why you should choose Microsoft Office for your learning :
1. The student will get the latest version of Microsoft Office, along with certain other applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote. Along with these, they also get the latest version of Microsoft Teams as well.
2. The student gets extra classroom tools too.
3. The entire thing can be bought in just one go. No need to buy each application separately.
4. The software purchased is compatible with Windows 10 and above along with macOS.
5. The language can be changed easily to match the needs of the student.
6. Along with getting the Microsoft Students Discount, the student also gets Microsoft Support free for 60 days.
7. Using Microsoft Office lets you use Microsoft OneDrive. It is basically a storage application that stores data virtually.
These features add up to the efficiency of Microsoft Office. It helps the student explore the Office and learn more from it. It will further help the students to unleash their potential of learning from online modes of education.
Students and teachers also have the advantage of free web access to Office 365, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Microsoft Teams on Android or Windows devices. You will need a valid school email address to sign up.
Office 365 is the cloud-based version of Microsoft 365 (except you don’t need a separate subscription). Like Microsoft 365, all the apps update automatically except the access is web-only. For desktop app access, Microsoft offers other plans for Education starting at £2.20 per month which includes additional security and management tools.
The free option includes access to Outlook for the web with a 50 GB mailbox and unlimited personal cloud storage, which greatly outdoes Google Drive’s 15GB limit.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO GET A MICROSOFT STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Microsoft is fairly generous when it comes to handing out its student discount. The promotion is available to enrolled students who are at least 13 years old, as well as teachers, faculty members, and even parents. Members of the armed forces, both active and retired, are also eligible for the same discount as students.
Plus, in the U.K. NHS workers can also take advantage of the savings. The Microsoft student discount is available to a wide range of people, including students, faculty, and even parents. Here are the general requirements:
• Enrolled as a K-12 student, and at least 13 years old.
• Parent of a K-12 student or college student.
• Enrolled at a four-year university, two-year college, or a vocational school.
HOW TO GET THE MICROSOFT STUDENT DISCOUNT
To get the Microsoft student discount, all you have to do is access the online Microsoft store through the student and military discount portal. Here’s how the process works:
1. Go to the Microsoft Student and Military Discounts site, log in with your Microsoft account, and click Shop Now.
2. The site tells you you’re eligible for special pricing. Select OK.
3. Select Student Deals from the list of store categories. Login to your student email account on the device that you wish to install Microsoft Office on. Navigate to the Office 365 home page, and under Install Office, select ‘Office 365 Apps’.
4. A new window will open where you can select and install the operating system you require for your device/s.
5. Locate the software or device you want to buy, and add it to your cart.
6. Complete the checkout process.
HOW DOES MICROSOFT VERIFY STUDENT ELIGIBILITY?
When you request the student discount at a physical Microsoft store, you need to show your student ID or some another supporting document like a class schedule, transcript, or acceptance letter.
When you use the Microsoft student discount online, Microsoft doesn’t require up-front verification. That means you can take advantage of the student discount without proving you’re enrolled at a qualifying school, or that you’re even a student at all.
Your eligibility will be validated online at www.office.com/verify. During the redemption process, you will be prompted for your school email address or logon, or international student identity card (ISIC). You do need to “confirm” your eligibility for special student pricing on Microsoft’s Student Pricing Terms page, before you start shopping. You’ll then need to sign in with a Microsoft account.
Though Microsoft doesn’t verify your student status upfront, you may be contacted to provide proof at a later date. If you’re unable to verify your status then, you would have to pay the full price of the device. Other ways of getting the student discount is to go via Unidays.
HOW TO GET A MICROSOFT STUDENT DISCOUNT IN THE UNITED STATES
Microsoft does things a little differently when it comes to verifying a customer is eligible for a student discount. Most retailers require you to provide proof of your status upfront or make use of a third-party authentication platform, but not Microsoft.
In order to get the student discount, you need to log in with a Microsoft account on the discount portal. All available offers will now be presented to you. Find the device that best suits your learning needs and the student discount (if applicable) will be automatically applied at checkout.
Don’t think that non-students can abuse this system to get themselves a discount though. When you purchase something with a student discount you are agreeing to let Microsoft contact you at a later date for verification.
Once contacted, you will be asked for proof of educational enrolment, or proof that you’re an eligible parent or teacher. If you’re unable to provide the necessary proof then Microsoft will charge you the difference between your discounted product and the full price for the item.
HOW TO GET A MICROSOFT STUDENT DISCOUNT IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
In order to claim your Microsoft student discount in the U.K., you need to first log in to the discount portal with a Microsoft account. After logging in, you will be able to view the full discounted product range which also includes all the devices in the up to 10% off offer. Then just select the device and accessories you want and any available discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
Microsoft does reserve the right to contact you at a future date and ask for verification. So be prepared to prove that you are a student, teacher, parent of a student, active or former military member or an NHS worker otherwise you’ll get charged the difference between your discounted price and the full price of whatever you bought.
MICROSOFT OFFICE MAC STUDENT DISCOUNT
Microsoft offers all students and teachers the online version of Microsoft Office for free along with 1TB of online storage. Some schools may even be eligible to get full Office apps installed on up to 5 Macs for free.
Accessing this discount is very easy. All you have to do is enter a valid email address of the school and you are ready to download the Microsoft Office apps for your Mac. One of the greatest advantages of this discount is that there is nothing to pay for and it is not for a free trial program. All you have to do provide a valid email address and you are ready to go.
Steps to Get Microsoft Office Student Discount for macOS 10.15 Catalina
Step 1: To gain access to this discount, go to Microsoft Office for Mac student website, and enter the email in the space provided before clicking “Get Started”.
Step 2: As long as the email is valid, Microsoft will guide you to download and install Office 365 Education on to your computer for free.
To maximize your chances of getting this discount, the following are just some of the things you can do:
• Ensure that you are using a valid student email to sign up for the free offer from Microsoft. Any other email will not work.
• If Microsoft asks you for more information regarding the email or any additional information to verify your student status, ensure that the information provided is accurate.
• You are also eligible to get the online version of Microsoft Office for free. This might be a better alterative if you don’t want to install any software on your computer.
• Always ask the school for permission before installing any software on the computers they own. This will prevent a lot of problems later on. You may also only get to install 5 copies of the Office 365 Education software to install on 5 different computers.
CAN HOME SCHOOLERS GET MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR FREE?
As of the moment, Microsoft does not offer free Microsoft Office subscriptions for homeschool families. But, if your school has an Office 365 Education, you may contact your school administrator.
Microsoft Office being a reliable site holds value and is trustworthy as well. It has many tools that are also free of cost and very useful for the students. I am sure that this article has been very beneficial for those students who plan to give online learning a try and are looking for fresh offers.
HOW TO GET STUDENT DISCOUNT IN MICROSOFT OFFICE