50 Dr. Seuss Quotes for Graduates In 2022
Dr Seuss Geisel was a determined personality. He witnessed World War I, the death of his first wife, and never a biological father. But all these cruel and unfortunate situations did not flutter his zeal and enthusiasm for making interesting books for children.
Are you looking for the best quote to write for yourself or your friends on your graduation card? Or are you looking for an interesting quote to accompany your graduation photo?
Some Facts About Dr. Seuss
Doctor Seuss, better known as Theodor Seuss Geisel, was an American writer known for his children’s books. He is one of the most popular children’s authors in history and, with his birthday just a couple of days away (March 2), it seems like the perfect time to look back on the crazy and quirky life of this truly unique author.
- Dr. Seuss’s real name was Theodor Geisel, which he legally changed to Dr. Seuss after college because he wanted his books to be taken seriously. Born on March 2, 1904, he grew up in Springfield, Massachusetts. He later worked at a variety of jobs until he found his first real success as a magazine humorist in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
- More than 20 publishers have rejected Dr. Suess. He returned to his apartment to burn a book one time, but luck helped him when he met his friend and editor McClintock (who became an editor on the same day) on Madison Avenue.
- Dr. Suess was also the first person to win the Pulitzer Prize for writing children’s
- During the Second World War, he enlisted in the army and was sent to Hollywood to produce propaganda cartoons featuring the military misadventures. However, he was regretful about some of his cartoons, which depicted Japanes Americans in offensive caricatured styles.
- Dr. Seuss became dedicated to creating books for early readers after stumbling across an article about American children having trouble learning to read.
50 Inspiring Quotes for Graduates by Dr. Suess
1. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”
2. “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself
any direction you choose.”
3. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
4. “And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 per cent.).”
5. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
6. “If you have a brain in your head and feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any
direction you choose.”
7. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
8. “And when you’re in a Slump you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not
9. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. “You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.”
10. “But on you will go through the weather be foul. On you will go through your enemy’s prowl. On you will go through the Hakken-Kraks howl. Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak.”
11. “Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted.”
12. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
13. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
14. “When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let is destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.”
15. “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
16. “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!”
17.“With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed!
18. “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!”
19. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
20. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any directin ion you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go….”
21. “You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.”
22. “Some windows are lighted. but mostly they’re darked. But mostly they’re darked.”
“How much can you lose? How much can you win?”
23. “Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?”
24. “If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he didn’t.”
25. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.” – Dr Seuss in “The Cat in the Hat.”
26. A book is just like life, and anything can change!
27. “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.”
28. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
29. “I am lucky to be what I am! Thank goodness I’m not just a clam or ham or a dirty jar of sour gooseberry jam.”
30. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Graduation: “You’re off to great places!”
Inspirational Departing Messages
31. “Everything stinks till it’s finished.”
32. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
33. “You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.”
34. “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
35. “Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.”
36. “Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”
37. “Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”
38. “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.”
39. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.”
40. “Only you can control your future.”
41. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.”
42. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So…get on your
43. “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”
44. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.”
45. “With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
46. “Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky.”
47. “You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”
48. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
49. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
50. “I’ m glad we had the time together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
Books by Dr. Seuss You Should Read
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go – (A popular gift for graduates).
- The Lorax.
- One fish two fish red fish blue fish.
- Hop on Pop.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Fox in Socks.
- Horton Hears a Who!
- 2022 Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Scholarship
- List of 17 Best Free Online Breastfeeding Classes in 2022
- How much do firefighters get paid for their job?
- Introduction to Desktop Publishing, Definition, Selection, and Use
- Top 8 (Eight) Best Universities In Australia