2022-2023 NLNG Scholarships for Post Primary, Post Graduate, Undergraduate, Students
NLNG Scholarships 2022-2023 is Ongoing!
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is delighted to invite applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Scholarships Scheme 2022-2023. This scholarship opportunity is open to all levels of study. It is an annual scholarship in which everyone should look out for.
NLNG Scholarships provides financial assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to pay for their higher education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
Before you apply for this scholarship, we advise that you read through this article to learn the full details about this scholarship- who is eligible for the scholarship, the scholarship worth, how to apply, the application deadline, and other important information.
About NLNG Scholarships
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
- Undergraduate Scholarship – N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee.
- Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship- USD67,500 per awardee per study
- Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
Number of Award
- Post Primary Scholarship- 342 beneficiaries
- Undergraduate Scholarship- 150 beneficiaries
- Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship- 15 beneficiaries
Level of Study
- Post Primary
- Post Graduate
- This scholarship will take place in Nigeria.
NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes which include:
- 1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- 2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- 3. NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
The scheme aims at assisting high-performing basic six pupils in the company’s host communities to access post-primary education. The scheme kicked off in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and, by 2019, it had grown to 342 beneficiaries with a total sum of N825,300,000 ($2.697m) expended to date.
Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through an application on the company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
Any prospective beneficiary must meet the following requirements:
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Provide his/her Basic Five result
- Must provide an attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- Provide an indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- Provide a letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
This was founded as a critical component of our education intervention program for our host communities in 1998 and was opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 3,416 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme and N768.9m ($2.5130m) million has been invested in it. The introduction of online applications and the use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness of the Scheme.
The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee. The scheme was reviewed from 150 beneficiaries a year to 300 starting from the 2018/2019 academic year.
Any prospective beneficiary must:
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting
- Have a top score at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-sized photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB Result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of identification
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
3. NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities.
The scheme covers these areas of study: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law, and Medicine.
The 2019 awardees have commenced their programs in various UK universities. 78 persons have so far benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1.308b ($4.27m).
To be taken at (country): Scholarships are available in the following UK Universities: University of Aberdeen, University of Cranfield.
Field of Study:
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Not less than a 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their LGAs
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2018
- Be able to obtain a tier-4 visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2018 if selected
- Not be a direct relative of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Step by Step Guide on How to Apply for NLNG Scholarships 2022
To apply for NLNG Scholarships successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit NLNG Scholarships official website and select a form for eligible category.
- Select your category (e.g Undergraduate)
- Once you select a category, click on “REGISTER”, you’ll be redirected to the application form
- Once you’re done filling the form, Click on “SUBMIT” Please review the form before you submit to affirm all information are correct.
NLNG Scholarships Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship application is 31st July 2022.
Once you’ve completed the scholarship application, next is to wait for your name to be shortlisted, and then you proceed for the screening/interview.
To be among the next scholars of this prestigious award, you need tips on how to ace your interview. See how to study for a test.
Another proven way to win NLNG Scholarships is to study the exams Past Questions and Answers. It will give you an insight into what you should expect in your test.
NLNG Scholarships Past Questions
The NLNG Scholarships Past Questions and Answers will provide you with Latest Past Questions that look more Like NLNG Scholarships Past Question so you can practice.
We are certain that our material will help you come out top of the screening.Get Now
NLNG Scholarships 2022 FAQs
Who is eligible to Apply for the NLNG Scholarships?
NLNG scholarship is open to post-primary, undergraduate, and postgraduate students
How many students are Awarded the NLNG Scholarships Annually?
- Post Primary – 342 beneficiaries
- Undergraduate – 150 beneficiaries
- Post Graduate – 15 beneficiaries
I sat for WAEC/SSCE Examination Twice can I Still Apply?
Yes! you can apply as there are provisions for you to insert those results accordingly
- 2022 Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Scholarship
- List of 17 Best Free Online Breastfeeding Classes in 2022
- How much do firefighters get paid for their job?
- Introduction to Desktop Publishing, Definition, Selection, and Use
- Top 8 (Eight) Best Universities In Australia
2022-2023 NLNG Scholarships for Post Primary, Post Graduate, Undergraduate, Students
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.